Temporary Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Research & Development
The Temporary Research Associate/Senior Research Associate at PaxVax will be a key member of the R&D team and will focus on the optimization, characterization and scale-up of protein expression in mammalian cells for vaccine development. This temp position will also support other R&D activities as required including evaluation of new technologies.
The current position is expected to last 6-8 months offers an excellent growth and learning opportunity to work closely with experienced R&D teams to ensure delivery of project specific demands and requirements.
Desired Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience with optimization and scale-up of protein expression in mammalian and insect cells.
- Experience with generation and establishment of stable cell lines.
- Experience with DNA and RNA expression vectors, cloning, western blotting and flow cytometry
- Ability to critically analyze, interpret and document results.
- Additional Virology or protein purification or process development experience is a definite plus.
- Write standard operating procedures and technical reports.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to new tasks and challenges.
- Team player with integrity and accountability.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet timelines.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Immunology, Chemistry or related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant industry experience with a B.S. or 3 years’ experience with an advanced degree.
- Proven collaboration skills, learning agility, conceptual and strategic thinking, passion for results, and ability to navigate ambiguity.