Sr. HVAC Facilities Engineer
San Diego, CA
The Sr. HVAC Facilities Engineer is responsible for the overall operation of assigned buildings, utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds and delivers outstanding customer service.
- Completes PM procedures on various equipment
- Assesses and identifies needed PM activities for all equipment and utilities
- Interacts with all internal departments and outside vendors and communicates with vendors to coordinate services
- Makes necessary changes to Controls System as needed or requested
- Assist in parts ordering process
- Rotating 24/7 on-call alarm monitoring and response
- Perform diagnosis, repair and preventive maintenance of certain building-related systems, including but not limited to: HVAC systems, water purification systems, compressed air systems, and nitrogen generation systems.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on purification systems, laboratory automation, pumps and other laboratory equipment.
- Installs/assembles new equipment as required.
- Follows standard operating procedure and work instruction documents while performing repair, maintenance, and assembly procedures.
- Completes logs, reports, and forms as required to document service procedures and calibration data.
- Manages equipment downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, routinely putting away tools
- Practices safe working habits, follows all safety policies, performs safety checks on equipment and systems, and identifies, corrects, and reports potential safety hazards.
- Evaluate, respond and monitor equipment and building alarms.
- Records and updates maintenance management system upon completion of work.
- Submits purchase requisitions and/or purchases supplies, materials, tools, machine parts, and other necessary equipment.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the PaxVax Core Values.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, and governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes remodeling, HVAC, electricians, plumbers, equipment manufacturers and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- 5+ years of industry related field experience with HVAC systems
- Diagnose, repair and perform preventive maintenance of various types of equipment including: Chillers, Stem Boilers, Air Handling Units, Cooling Towers, VAV Boxes, Pumps, Variable Frequency Drives, Rooftop Units, Wet Systems, Air Compressors, Refrigerators/Freezers/Incubators,
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC industry a plus
- Must be skilled in the use of PCs with MS Windows, Office 2016
- Able to carry/setup and climb an 8 foot ladder without assistance
- Excellent verbal, written communication and customer relation skills
- Current EPA approved CFC certification
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have valid California state motor vehicle license with safe driving record