Senior Grants Accountant
San Diego, CA
Reporting to the Assistant Controller and Senior Director of FP&A, this position will support San Diego based R&D for both grant and non-grant funded projects. This includes but is not limited to billing and collection, contracts review, cost analysis, monthly allocations and accounting, forecasts and budgets. The ideal candidate should possess working knowledge and hands on experience of CAS, DFAR, FAR, GAAP and government regulatory filing requirements.
- Financial oversight of all government accounting and compliance matters.
- Monthly accounting, closing and reporting.
- Maintenance of disclosure statements, if any.
- Establish training for company personnel in government accounting related matters, including accurate labor charging, travel accounting, and FAR costs.
- Work with various groups to provide support in data modeling and analysis.
- Assist with audits from the Company’s auditors and DCAA.
- Evaluation of financial impacts of new contracts with regards with compliance with FAR and CAS.
- Provide analysis and support business with cost modeling RFP process, and contracts review.
- Develop and manage the indirect cost structure to ensure compliance with DFAR, FAR, CAS and GAAP.
- Manage billing/invoicing associated with government contracts
- Develop quarterly revenue and spend forecasts for San Diego based R&D and grant funded projects.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- BA/BS in Accounting CPA preferred
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in relevant areas with strong analytical skills
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience of CAS, DFAR, FAR, GAAP and government regulatory filing requirements.
- Experience in negotiating accounting issues with government agencies is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the latest financial accounting and reporting developments
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and business partnering skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across functions and strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Experience with SAP a plus