Thörishaus, Bern, Switzerland
PaxVax is looking to recruit an experienced manager into the role of Production Manager.
For this role you should have developed a core competency in new process establishment and routine manufacturing. It will be the senior manufacturing specialist for our mammalian cell expression, virus like particle manufacturing unit.
This position is responsible for the production of clinical trial materials as well as commercial product. It is a subject matter expert for lean manufacturing and bioprocessing.
- Introduce new products and technologies to plant.
- Establish new procedures and process documentation.
- Lead and direct the safety, quality, and daily production operations for suite.
- Oversee all tasks on the floor as they are carried out and provide assistance and troubleshooting where required.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure on time delivery of the production schedule.
- Monitor and coach staff to ensure full compliance with GMP and Quality system requirements. Responsible for overall inspection readiness and compliance with quality requirements.
- Lead and oversee the on time completion of document review (batch record, logbook, SOPs) for completeness, clarity, accuracy to support on-time release of batches with minimal errors.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelors degree in Chemical or Biological Engineering
- Self sufficient, initiative
- Demonstrate strong technical writing abilities (deviation initiations, SOP creation, etc.).
- Excellent written (especially technical writing) and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Experience with bioprocess manufacturing (mammalian process required)
- Biotech industry experience in commercial scale manufacturing operations. Disposable technology experience preferred