Manager, International Accounting and Reporting
Redwood City, California
The International Accounting and Reporting Manager reports to the Assistant Controller and is a results driven role that is responsible for all aspects of PaxVax financial reporting process. The Manager will ensure a high level of quality in preparing the global consolidated financial statements and SEC filings in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and SEC regulations.
- Prepare Monthly US GAAP financial statements and Cash Flow Statements and Annual financials as part of US GAAP audit.
- Prepare all other external facing reports as required for investors, bankers etc.
- Assist in defining and maintaining effective processes, procedures, and controls related to US GAAP reporting.
- Provide research, analysis, and implementation of the disclosure impacts of new accounting and reporting requirements, including providing technical accounting consultation and support to internal constituents regarding US GAAP.
- Responsible for monthly equity related accounting, intercompany accounting, FX analysis, and quarterly transfer pricing and the annual impairment testing of goodwill, intangibles and fixed assets.
- Maintain statutory accounts for 2-3 small foreign entities
- Work with Sr. Director International tax to support all compliance related tax deadlines
- Maintain collaborative relationships with key internal and external parties, including senior management, auditors, advisors, and consultants.
- Perform special projects, as required.
- Limited travel, including international, as necessary (5% or less)
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- 5-8 years’ experience
- 3-5 years with a Big 4 CPA firm preferred
- International manufacturing public company experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in process improvement
- Flexibility to meet growing company needs
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and timelines
- Superior technical accounting skill
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills essential, with the demonstrated ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the global organization.
- Professional stature to quickly gain respect and build strong working relationships.
- High degree of enthusiasm, commitment, and ownership. Strong emphasis on quality and accuracy of work product.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple assignments.