Redwood City, CA
PaxVax is looking for a dynamic and high-energy Accounting Manager (individual contributor). The best candidate for this full time position has a high sense of urgency, strong excel skills and attention to detail, outstanding time management skills, and displays exceptional customer service to all colleagues and Company departments. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this candidate has ownership of all aspects of revenue recognition and consolidation, as well as other month end accounting close and reconciliation processes. The ideal candidate must understand, analyze, and communicate financial impacts throughout the organization. This role will routinely partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for revenue recognition and reporting, in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for assisting with the general accounting function, including recording journal entries and preparation of account reconciliations.
- Manage the accounting and analysis of the Company’s revenue and gross-to-net process.
- Monthly consolidation and intercompany accounting for US and EU operations
- Support senior management with analysis, review, reporting and other related revenue needs.
- Assist management in reviewing commercial proposals and contracts to determine proper revenue recognition/billing and work closely with 3rd party provider to assure contractual terms match disbursements in order to appropriately apply technical accounting guidance and US GAAP interpretations as they relate to revenue recognition and gross-to-net calculations.
- Provide schedules and documentation to support financial statement audit requests, and respond to inquiries from external auditors
- Identify and implement process improvements to help reduce time to close and improve upon accuracy of underlying accounting records.
- Participate in ERP system modification.
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
- BA/BS in business, accounting, or related field, active CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 5+years’ experience in accounting and finance, of which 2 years preferred in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition and gross-to-net calculations is required.
- Experience in business partnering role, including understanding of functional area roles, responsibilities, and interdependencies of the revenue recognition and gross-to-net controls process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across functional areas in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
- Computer skills: excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word.